A few weeks back I wrote about our favorite Colorado Ranch Venues. Since we typically divide our time between ranch weddings and mountaintop weddings, I figured it only made sense that we also share our favorite mountain venues! There is so much to love here in the Colorado Rockies, every one of these venues leaves us with our jaws dropped every time we’re there. I didn’t limit this solely to mountain “top” venues but also mountainside locations as I couldn’t bare leaving out some of these breathtaking locations! If you’re drawn to the mountains like a moth to a flame, these are the wedding venues for you!
1. Aspen Wedding Deck in Aspen, Colorado. Accessed by gondola, the Aspen Wedding Deck overlooks the Elk Mountains, a panoramic view that seems to go and on for days. Check out Rachel & Dan’s Aspen wedding for more.
2. Ten Mile Station on Peak 9 in Breckenridge, Colorado. A short drive up the mountain feels like a world away at Ten Mile Station. The perfect all-in-one ceremony and reception location. Check out many more Ten Mile Station wedding photos here.
3. Beano’s Cabin, Beaver Creek, Colorado. Accessed by Beaver Creek shuttle bus, Beano’s Cabin is tucked away where you and your guests will have a piece of the mountains all to yourselves. Excellent food, excellent service, Beano’s has it all. Be sure to check out many more Beano’s Cabin wedding photos here.
4. Timber Ridge on North Peak in Keystone, Colorado. Timber Ridge is accessed by two separate gondola rides making it one of the most unique wedding venues in the state. Located at 11,444′ above sea level, your friends and family won’t soon forget their experience at Timber Ridge. Many more Timber Ridge wedding photos can be found here.
5. Solitude Station at Copper Mountain, Colorado. Accessed by chairlift, Solitude Station overlooks the Gore & Ten Mile ranges of Summit County. Exchange vows atop Copper Mountain then enjoy a scenic lift ride to your reception at the base.
6. Gorrono Ranch in Telluride, Colorado. This old homestead sits on the ski slopes of Telluride Ski Resort and is the only venue to be on both our Ranch Wedding & Mountaintop Wedding favorite lists. Gorrono Ranch is accessed by vehicle and overlooks the magnificent San Juan mountain range. Check out more Gorrono Ranch wedding photos here.
7. Beaver Creek Wedding Deck in Beaver Creek, Colorado. Accessed by chairlift, this amphitheater-style ceremony site is breathtaking. Tie the knot overlooking the Gore Range then head to one of Beaver Creek’s stunning and unique restaurants such as Beano’s Cabin or Saddle Ridge for your reception. You can find more Beaver Creek Wedding Deck photos here.
8. Thunderhead at Steamboat Ski Resort. Accessed by gondola, Steamboat Resort’s mountaintop wedding venue overlooks the Yampa Valley and has some of the best sunset views we’ve ever seen. Ceremonies take place on the lawn outside the Thunderhead building with receptions inside at either the Champagne Powder Room or Hazie’s. See more of our Steamboat Ski Resort wedding photos here.
9. Black Mountain Lodge at Arapahoe Basin. Accessed by chairlift, Black Mountain Lodge gets you up close and personal with the magnificent Rocky Mountains. If you’ve ever skied/rode A-basin, you know just how special of a place it is. A-basin boasts the longest ski and ride season in North America so if you’d like a snowy wedding without getting married in the middle of the winter, this is your place. Or…hold out for late summer and enjoy views like seen below! Check out more A-basing wedding photos here.
10. Allred’s overlooking Telluride, Colorado. Accessed by the free gondola from the center of town, Allred’s Restaurant has insane views of the San Juan mountains. Nearby San Sophia Overlook overs equally stunning views for your wedding ceremony. The best part is how easily the free gondola connects the mountaintop to downtown meaning no additional transportation is needed for guests staying downtown.
11. Allie’s Cabin in Beaver Creek, Colorado. Accessed by sleigh ride during the winter, Allie’s Cabin is tucked in the aspens overlooking the slopes of Beaver Creek. A luxurious cabin/restaurant surrounded by aspens with sprawling views, what else do I need to say? Allie’s is the quintessential Colorado experience.
Colorado offers some of the most remarkable places to wed! You truly cannot go wrong with any of these venues. Best of luck with all your plans and be sure to get in touch when you’re ready to find the perfect photographer for your Colorado mountain wedding!
You might also like:
Hi there! IN Photography is us, Mark & Michele, your husband and wife team. We’re part-time wanderers, full-time photographers and lovers of all things outdoors. Twelve years ago we started this business with nothing but two photography degrees and a dream. Today we pride ourselves on delivering a superior product and exceptional client experience.