Hello. I'm Michele.Photographer. Free-spirit. Flannel-loving mountain girl.
I’ve been photographing weddings since before iPhones were a thing
I am not an up and comer. I am not hip and I don’t have thousands of Instagram followers. In fact, I keep social media at arm’s length because I’d rather be DOING something rather than watching everyone else do stuff. What I am is a born entrepreneur living out her childhood dream. I’m a girl obsessed with joy. Documenting it and pursuing it.
I’ve been around the block, seen a few things and the shiny, newness of this business wore off years ago. What it’s been replaced with is a kind of grit & grace that comes from witnessing a lot of things go right and plenty of things go wrong at over 300 weddings. I want your wedding to be perfect but I’ll also be the first to tell you that it probably won’t be. Yet, it’s the imperfections from where the best stories (and the best photos) are born. What I live for are the people that keep smiling no matter what. The couples that know that as long as they have each other all is good. What I can promise you is that I too will always be smiling and giving you everything I’ve got to make sure you are SO WILDLY HAPPY that you chose me to be your photographer.
I commit myself entirely to every couple that trusts me with their story because you only get to do this once. Your wedding lasts a day. Your photographs last forever. I don’t take that responsibility lightly.
And making people happy is my jam.
My philosophy: Your photography experience is just as important as the photos themselves
- I’ll be kind, professional, organized and efficient.
- I’ll be ready with Plans B & C when things don’t go according to plan.
- I’ll never ask you to stage or re-enact anything.
- I’ll be attentive to your family dynamics.
- I’ll bustle your dress when no one else knows how.
- I’ll know when to back off and let the moment happen.
- I’ll know when to step in and take charge.
- I’ll take photos of your friends with their phones (as long as I can take one with my camera too).
- I’ll do everything I can to make your photography experience fun and stress-free.
8 random facts about me:
- There is always music on in my house.
- I have a strange obsession with the weather.
- If it wasn’t for an armed robber, my husband and I may have never found one another.
- I was born in California and raised in Arizona but never truly felt at home until I discovered the Rocky Mountains.
- I’ll go hours out of my way if there’s a more scenic route.
- When I was a teenager, my mom told me “You better marry a doctor or a firefighter because you need a lot of space”. Instead I married a pilot that I can’t get enough of. Marrying him is the best decision I’ve ever made.
- I lived on the road for a year traveling in a 100 square foot RV. It was the most liberating experience of my life.
- Life motto: Invest in experience (and don’t be a nag to your husband)
Some of my favorite things…
CHECK OUT MY PORTFOLIO. IT WILL MAKE YOU SMILE.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Let me know your wedding date. I’ll send you rates and availability! (If you don’t hear from me within 24hrs, check your junk folder)